Today’s featured depots are Central of Georgia Railway, Marshallville, GA (1978) and Montezuma, GA (1978). The featured Southern Railway depot is Scottsboro, AL (1978) and the Louisville & Nashville Railway depot is Madisonville, TN (1978).
The Marshallville depot was built in 1912 after a fire destroyed an earlier station. Following the railroad vacating the building, it was renovated for use as a restaurant, Rosati’s Depot. Montezuma’s 1890 depot was constructed on the site of an earlier depot. The building was rennovated in 2001-2002 and serves as the Macon County Museum. The Southern Railway depot in Scottsboro, AL was originally built in 1860-1861 for the Memphis Charleston Railroad. The depot is one of only three remaining pre-Civil War railroad depots in Alabama. It is currently restored. The L&N depot in Madisonville, TN was demolished around 1979 and removed from service.
Rock on Trains © 2011, Tom Rock + T.D.R. Productions. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Tom Rock is strictly prohibited.